Home » Scholarship Program Resource
Scholarship Program Resource
- To increase the capacity of preschool educators to support the needs of children with disability, up to 20 post-graduate scholarships will be offered each year. Applicants can elect to study either full-time or part-time. Scholarships will be for a maximum of $20,000, depending on the fees and requirements of each course. Priority will be given to applicants located in regional and remote NSW.
- Preschool teachers are eligible to apply if they:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or an equivalent qualification that would enable them to enrol in post-graduate studies
- are currently working in a NSW community preschool.
- To satisfy the conditions of award, applicants must:
- enrol in an approved post-graduate Special Education course
- commit to working in a NSW community preschool for a minimum of 12 months after completing their course.
- Eligible preschool teachers must submit applications by November 4th, 2016, and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 16th December 2016. Applicants are responsible for enrolling in their chosen course, and providing DEC with proof of enrolment to enable transfer of payment.